Sarah BlackmoreSenior Associate
Sarah is an experienced commercial lawyer specialising in property matters. She enjoys advising clients on a range of property matters including acquisitions and disposals of commercial property and businesses, commercial leasing and associated transactions, development agreements, subdivisions and financing transactions.
Sarah will act on behalf of landlords and tenants. She will advise on everything from pre-sale agreements through to the settlement and any post purchase issues.
Sarah’s long standing clients include Karaka Lakes Limited, Westpac (NZ) Investments Limited and Two Degrees Mobile Limited.
Areas of Practice
- Stream leasing for leading New Zealand property fund in relation to its Auckland commercial leasing portfolio including preparing and negotiating documents and advising on variation, interpretation, breach, termination and assignment issues from a landlord perspective
- Acting for Westpac's property division in relation to its New Zealand commercial and retail property matters;
- Carrying out due diligence investigations and advising clients in relation to the acquisition and disposal of high value commercial properties - often involving analysis of title documents, leases, development consents, Land Information Memorandums and Overseas Investment Act issues
- Advising major lending institutions and registered banks on development funding for fee simple/unit title and leasehold subdivisions including reviews of pre-sale agreements
- Acting on behalf of a developer of a staged fee simple residential development in Auckland and providing advice on and drafting of title documentation including land covenants, encumbrances and easements, liaising with lenders, preparing sale and purchase agreements and completing settlement.
Member of Property Council of New Zealand
Co-author of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œRent Arrears and Terminating your Tenancy", April 2007 Edition of New Zealand Property Investor
Co-author of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œProperty Damage, Abandonment and Terminating your Tenancy", June 2007 Edition of New Zealand Property Investor
Professional Activities and Experience
Senior Associate, Minter Ellison Rudd Watts (2006 - present)
Solicitor, Kidd Tattersfield Maclean (2004 - 2006)
LLB/BA, The University of Auckland, 2003