James P. WhitePartner
|Firm:|| ||Husch Blackwell LLP|
|Address:||120 South Riverside Plaza|
Chicago, Illinois 60606
United States of America
|Email:||Send an Email|
Jim is a member of Husch Blackwell’s Healthcare, Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals team and is widely recognized in the area of trademark infringement. He assists pharmaceutical manufacturers and other clients in protecting their assets. Experienced serving as lead trial counsel in patent, trademark and copyright litigation, Jim has secured several jury verdicts for clients and argued a number of appeals in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Federal Circuit.
Jim’s industry experience includes:
- Serving as lead trial counsel for a generic drug manufacturer in an ongoing patent infringement dispute with a competitor.
- Serving as trial counsel in a patent infringement case involving two pharmaceutical suppliers.
Before entering private practice, Jim was an assistant U.S. Attorney representing federal agencies and officers in affirmative and defensive litigation.
Jim is the Managing Partner of Husch Blackwell’s Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
- Healthcare, Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Life Sciences
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association,Copyright Piracy and International Laws Committee, Vice Chair, 2004
Professional Activities and Experience
Awards and Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2013, 2014
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2005-2006, 2008-2013
Bar AdmissionCourt Admission
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar), 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1974
- Massachusetts Supreme Court, 1973
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 1973
- B.A., Michigan State University, 1969