Tom Chen is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the Orange County office of Haynes and Boone. Tom's practice focuses on patent prosecution and counseling in a variety of technologies, including electrical circuits, semiconductor memories/processing, semiconductor equipment , fiber optic and wireless communications, televisions, mechanical devices, Internet related applications, microprocessors and other computer architecture. Tom also has experience in patent litigation, including matters before the International Trade Commission and district courts. He has been involved in all phases of litigation, including discovery, depositions, expert reports, and briefs.
Prior to entering law school, Tom worked in the Missile Systems Group at Hughes Aircraft. There he designed and tested logic to improve missile-tracking performance, presented logic designs internally and to the Navy, and developed, implemented, and tested missile system software and algorithms.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, -2147483648, cum laude; (top 10% of class); Editor, Pepperdine Law Review
- Engineer Degree, University of Southern California, -2147483648, Hughes Engineer's Degree Fellowship
- M.S., California State University, Northridge, -2147483648,
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, -2147483648,
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Patent Law Association
© Haynes and Boone, LLP, 2017