Protection of Persons Informing of Corruption Offences
The Ministry of Labour has prepared a draft law providing for protection of persons informing of corruption offences.
In accordance with the draft law a person who informed of the fact of corruption offence can be dismissed, transferred to another position upon the employer’s initiative or brought to administrative liability only after the respective issue is considered by the committee responsible for compliance with the procedures of internal investigation and settlement of conflict of interests or by another collegial anti-corruption body established within the company.
The draft law also provides for such means of protection as the following: guarantee of confidentiality of information about the person who informed of the offence and information in his/her message; mandatory notification of the prosecutor of the forthcoming committee and informing the prosecutor of the adopted decision; and free legal support for person informed of corruption offence.
At the moment the draft law is at the stage of public hearings.
Hope that the information provided herein would be useful for you. If you would like to learn more about our Labour and Employment practice or if you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact the Partner of ALRUD Law Firm Irina Anyukhina at IAnyukhina@alrud.com.
Note: Please be aware that all information provided in this letter was taken from open sources. The author of this letter bears no liability for consequences of any decisions made in reliance upon this information.
- Three Things Employers Should Know When Seeking EPLI Coverage For Sexual Harassment Claims
- Does resigning with immediate effect put a stop to disciplinary proceedings?
- The New National Employment Service's Practice of Prolonging of Work Permits
- The National Minimum Wage Bill released for public comment
- ALRUD in Merger Market rating
- ALRUD organised a joint seminar with Bird&Bird
- ALRUD Partners participated in IBA Annual Conference in Sydney
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.