Australian Food and Agribusiness 2017: Key Themes
by Andrew Gill, David Moore, Con Boulougouris, Glen Sauer, Janet Young, Matt Caddy
Published: March, 2017
Submission: April, 2017
2017 is a year of opportunity and challenge for the Australian food and agribusiness sector. We anticipate an uplift in food and agribusiness M&A activity, and have identified 6 key themes that are likely to play out in the remainder of 2017.
Download our report: Australian Food and Agribusiness 2017: Key themes
Opportunities and Challenges – 6 key themes
Three key opportunities
1. Global demand and population growth:
2. Partnering with foreign and institutional investment:
Three key challenges
1. Foreign investment regulation:
2. Food safety regulation:
3. Non-tariff barriers:
- Transparent Insurance in Agribusiness - Road to a Civilized Land Market
- Do the Proceeds From the Sale of Farmland Constitute Income From Farming?
- Uncertainty Ahead for the Contaminated Land Regime?
- Brazil: The IDB and Halal food
- Financing for Amaysim’s Acquisition of Online Energy Retailer Click Energy
- Minter Ellison Deal Profile: Acquisition of H-E Parts International LLC and H-E Parts Australian Holdings by Hitachi Construction Machinery Co Ltd US$240 million
- MinterEllison Advises on A$1.2 billion Private Equity Offer for SAI Global
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.