IFLR: "Philippines: Acquiring Insurance Brokers"
The April issue of the International Financial Law Review(IFLR) includes an international briefing article by SyCipLaw partner HiyasminH. Lapitan entitled “Philippines: Acquiring Insurance Brokers”. The article discusses the new requirement by the Philippine Insurance Commission(IC) for advance approval to acquire a stake in a Philippine corporation that is licensed as an insurance broker or reinsurance broker. This requirement is noted in the IC’s circular letter number 2017-09 dated February 14, 2017, which prescribes guidelines on the documentation requirements for acquiring a domestic insurance or reinsurance broker.
Link to article
- Uganda Insurance Regulatory Authority clarifies new bancassurance guidelines
- A Checklist for Victims of Napa/Sonoma Fires: Recovering from Your Insurance
- Surviving the Loss of Your Home
- Title Insurance in India: An Opportunity Awaits
- SyCipLaw is Tier 1 in 2017 Asia IP Rankings
- SyCipLaw Receives 4 asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards Nominations
- SyCipLaw is Top Tier Firm in IFLR1000 2018 Rankings
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.