Bryan C. GibbonsPartner
|Firm:|| ||Lawson Lundell LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1600 Cathedral Place|
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L2
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Tue. 16:55|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Bryan acts primarily for institutional lenders and other creditors with respect to insolvency matters including reorganizations under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, security realization and creditor remedies. Bryan also acts for accounting firms in their capacity as bankruptcy trustees, receivers and monitors in reorganizations.
Recently, Bryan has represented various institutional lenders in diverse realizations from hotels and condominium developments to equipment dealerships and manufacturers.
Also, Bryan has recently represented institutional lenders with respect to a variety of fraud matters.
Areas of Practice
- Insolvency and Restructuring
* Acting for a major Canadian bank with respect to the completion and sale of an insolvent multi-unit development project
* Acting for a court appointed receiver manager of a large vehicle leasing company involving the tracing of missing vehicles and proceeds comingled by various corporate entities
* Acting for a major Canadian bank in a receivership and securing the dismissal of allegations by the trustee in bankruptcy that the Bank participated in a conspiracy to defeat unsecured creditors
* Acting for a major Canadian bank with respect to a bank employee fraud and the execution of Anton pillar orders and a mareva injunction
* Acting for a receiver manager of a large logging contractor on Vancouver Island
* Acting for a receiver manager of a company involving a multi-million dollar fraud by the principal against the secured creditor
* B.C. Insolvency Section, Canadian Bar Association, Current Chair
* B.C. Insolvency Discussion Group, Current Member and Past Executive, Member
Creditors' Remedies "Enforcement and Recovery" (2010), Continuing Legal Education (B.C. Law Society) Conference on Creditors' Remedies
Commercial Insolvency Reporter, "New Developments in the CCAA" article (December 2008)
B.C. technical update paper and presentation, Pan-Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Conference (2008), Canadian Bar Association
"Credit and Banking Litigation", a Toronto publication to the Banking industry, Past Contributor
Various papers and in house presentation to bankers and credit managers with respect to insolvency issues
Faculty member and Presenter 2010 Continuing Legal Education (B.C. Law Society) Conference on Creditors' Remedies
Continuing Legal Education of the B.C. Law Society on foreclosure matters, Past Presenter
2008 Annual Pan-Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Conference, Presenter
British Columbia (1991)
University of British Columbia (B.Comm., 1987; LL.B., 1990).