Jagdeep S. ShergillPartner
|Firm:|| ||Lawson Lundell LLP|
|Address:||Suite 1600 Cathedral Place|
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L2
|Email:||Send an Email|
|Local Time:||Wed. 04:05|
|Web site: ||Direct Page|
Jag practises corporate and commercial law. He works primarily with partnerships and private companies on a variety of transactions, including asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, corporate finance matters, the negotiation of commercial agreements (including supply agreements, lease and license agreements, employment contracts, franchise and management agreements and shareholder agreements), succession planning/exits, management buy-outs, corporate reorganizations and restructuring.
As part of his corporate and commercial practice, Jag acts for a variety of private equity firms in connection with their investment activities. He also participates in the ongoing maintenance and affairs of companies acquired by private equity clients, including the ultimate sale and disposition of their portfolio companies.
In addition, Jag works with clients in the public sector, particularly pension plans, other tax exempt entities and their fiduciaries, with respect to their structuring activities and their real estate and private placement investments. As part of his work with public sector institutions, Jag has assisted clients with investments in Canada, the United States and South America. In this regard, he has worked extensively in the negotiation and settlement of limited partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and other types of investment and governance agreements.
Jag also assists counsel in other jurisdictions on matters of British Columbia law, chiefly in the area of mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations.
Languages: English, Punjabi
Joined the Law Firm in: 2002
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Corporate and Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital
Jag has acted for:
* A private equity firm in connection with the financing of a cellulose mill in British Columbia
* A private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of a specialty metals distribution and processing business with operations in Western Canada and the United States, and the subsequent sale of that business
* A public sector institution with the acquisition and subsequent reorganization of a large publicly traded real estate investment trust
* A private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of a leading tank trailer manufacturing business
* British Columbia Association of Podiatrists, Member of Board of Examiners
* South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia, Member
* North American South Asian Bar Association, Member
British Columbia (2003)
University of British Columbia (B.A., 1998)
University of Victoria (LL.B., 2001)