Employment & Labor Blog
- Blog: Twitter Feeds[Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired - Thu Jan 27 2022Posted on January 26, 2022 by rss.appYour trial has expired. Please update your subscription plan at rss.app. - (xBbtbI75hXeLIroc)
- Blog: Labor & Employment InsightsMandate, We Hardly Knew You: OSHA Withdraws Large Employer Vaccine StandardPosted on January 26, 2022 by Anne R. Yuengert and J. William ManuelAs we all know, the Supreme Court stayed the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for employers with 100 or more employees. As of today, OSHA has withdrawn that emergency temporary standard. The announcement notes that: Although OSHA is withdrawing the vaccination and testing ETS as an enforceable emergency temporary standard, the agency is not withdrawing the ETS as a proposed rule....Continue Reading…
- Blog: Garrigues Labor BlogSay goodbye to jobs held by temporary workersPosted on January 20, 2022 by Editor1The legislation enacted for the labor reform introduces a new way to acquire permanent worker status that is going unnoticed. Not only can back-to-back employment contracts lead to a worker acquiring permanent status, but it can also occur where the job itself (and not the worker in question who holds it) has been held by […] La entrada Say goodbye to jobs held by temporary workers apareció primero en Labor and Employment Law - Garrigues.
- Blog: Labour & Employment Law BlogComing Soon: 10 Days Paid Sick Leave for Federally Regulated EmployeesPosted on January 18, 2022 by Nicole K. Skuggedal, Jim BoyleBill C-3, An Act to amend the Criminal Code and the Canada Labour Code (“Bill C-3”) amends the Canada Labour Code (the “Code”) to provide federally regulated employees with the following: Ten days of paid sick leave per calendar year; and Increases to unpaid bereavement leave in the event of a death of a child or a stillbirth. The following is a summary of the new ...
- Blog: Hunton Immigration and Nationality LawFebruary 2022 Visa Bulletin –EB-2 India Advances Six MonthsPosted on January 14, 2022 by Courtland C. WitherupThe Visa Bulletin is released monthly by the Department of State and is used to determine when a sponsored foreign national can submit the final step of the green card process, or if already pending, when the final step can be adjudicated. Below is a summary of the February Visa Bulletin, including Final Action Dates... Continue Reading
- Blog: Labor & Employment Law BlogOff Again: United States Supreme Court Blocks OSHA COVID-19 ETSPosted on January 13, 2022 by Robert Boonin, Abad Lopez and James HermonOn January 13, 2022, the United States Supreme Court issued its opinion on the application for stay filed in National Federal of Independent Business v. Department of Labor. In that opinion, a six-member majority of the Court ruled that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) had exceeded its authority in issuing an emergency technical... Continue Reading