Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Waller Law BlogPanic at the Disco: Where is my liquor license renewal?Posted on September 18, 2019 by William T. Cheek III
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCapital Markets Litigation Team Achieves Key Victory in Pro Bono Transgender Rights CasePosted on September 18, 2019 by Zach Rosenbaum, Jennifer Fiorica Delgado and Meg SlachetkaWe are proud to announce that our team achieved a key victory as plaintiffs’ pro bono counsel in Doe v. Esper, a constitutional challenge to the Pentagon’s transgender service policy. The government’s policy is to discharge or deny enlistment to anyone who will not serve in the gender to which they were assigned at birth, or who is undergoing...… Continue Reading The post Capital Markets Litigation Team Achieves Key Victory in Pro Bono Transgender Rights Case appeared first on Capital Markets Litigation.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogGovernment publishes Legislation Programme for Autumn 2019Posted on September 18, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe Government Chief Whip, Seán Kyne TD, has published the Government’s Legislation Programme for Autumn 2019. The Programme lists 32 priority Bills; 27 Bills currently before the Houses of the Oireachtas, and 69 Bills where preparatory work is underway. The key data protection and technology-related Bills are set out below. The Programme notes that work...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Offshore Crypto TodayFacebook’s Libra faces more scrutinyPosted on September 17, 2019 by Christopher SimpsonSince its announcement in June, Facebook’s crypto currency “Libra” has faced many questions. Now even more questions are being asked by banks across the globe. Currently, Libra representatives are meeting with officials from 26 central banks, including the US Federal Reserve, according to the Financial Times. The meeting in Basel, Switzerland, will focus on the cryptocurrency’s “scope and […] The post Facebook’s Libra faces more scrutiny appeared first on Offshore Crypto Today.
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsNo Nonce-nse: MTD Products Inc. v. Iancu Untangles Means-Plus-Function InterpretationPosted on September 11, 2019 by Kelvin VargheseIn MTD Products Inc. v. Iancu, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit described how to identify a means-plus-function limitation under 35 U.S.C. § 112, ¶ 6. In particular, the court clarified that the question of whether § 112, ¶ 6 applies is distinct from the determination of what structure corresponds […] The post No Nonce-nse: MTD Products Inc. v. Iancu Untangles Means-Plus-Function Interpretation appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportPatchless–CFPB Seeks Comment on Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgages After Expiration of the GSE PatchPosted on September 5, 2019 by Kyle A. OwensRecent interest-rate decreases have led to a resurgence in the mortgage market, with refinance activity up sharply from levels a year ago. But lenders have underwriting on their minds for reasons other than increased application volume. The CFPB recently affirmed that it intends to allow the so-called GSE Patch to its Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule to...Continue Reading…