Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 77 – Vu Partners with Chris MailanderPosted on February 24, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Chris Mailander, Managing Director of Vu Partners. Vu Partners is a team of seasoned, creative professionals who are well-versed in operations, deal strategy, due diligence, partner development, negotiation, and execution. Their hands-on, client-centric approach allows them to develop a tailored solution that helps their clients achieve their long-term objectives.setechpodcastpodcaststartupstrategyconsultingentrepreneur
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsAgencies Update Group Health Plan Required Disclosure DocumentsPosted on February 20, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupFederal agencies recently issued updated versions of certain documents that are required to be disclosed to individuals under applicable employer-sponsored group health plans. A set of FAQs regarding the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) was issued by the federal Departments of Labor (“DOL”), Health and Human Services (“HHS”), and Treasury (collectively, the “Departments”), which describe recent […] The post Agencies Update Group Health Plan Required Disclosure Documents appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportIt’s the Trustee’s Burden: Can It Be Delegated?Posted on February 20, 2020 by David B. WestYou are the local banker. An elderly husband and wife have been long-standing customers of your bank. They have a modest estate and have set up a living trust so they can avoid the costs of probate. If they both sign as co-trustees, can they add their daughter, who lives in another state, as a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateThe Democratic Presidential Candidates and AntitrustPosted on February 18, 2020 by Jonathan H. Hatch, David KlebanWith the Democratic primary process in full swing, we thought it fitting to take a look at where the candidates stand with respect to antitrust issues. As it turns out, this is a fairly active election cycle for antitrust, with most Democratic candidates invoking antitrust laws (and proposed laws) in connection with their visions for [...]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCryptocurrency and Blockchain Litigation Trends and PredictionsPosted on January 3, 2020 by Alexandra DrozAs cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have expanded, so too have regulatory scrutiny and ensuing litigation. The lack of a uniformly applicable regulatory framework–particularly regarding whether virtual currencies constitute securities subject to the federal securities laws and registration requirements–has led to confusion and uncertainty. Recently filed “fintech” actions are poised to establish precedent in this novel... Continue Reading
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEDPB publishes finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPRPosted on December 6, 2019 by Davinia BrennanOn 12 November 2019, the EDPB published its finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPR (3/2018). The Guidelines aim to assist companies and supervisory authorities in determining whether a particular processing activity falls within the territorial scope of the GDPR. The key changes to the draft Guidelines include clarification that: whilst some of a...Continue Reading…