- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCIPL Issues Discussion Paper on Organizational Accountability in Light of FTC Consent OrdersPosted on November 18, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn November 13, 2019, the Centre for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton Andrews Kurth issued a discussion paper on “Organizational Accountability in Light of FTC Consent Orders.” Continue Reading
- Blog: Patent 213Yet Another Pharmaceutical Patent Falls Under the Scrutiny of 35 U.S.C. § 112Posted on November 12, 2019 by Stephanie D. ScruggsLast week, the Federal Circuit confirmed that Idenix Pharmaceuticals will not be the proud recipient of what was previously regarded as the largest damages award ever recorded in a U.S. patent case. In fact, the majority’s opinion in Idenix Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Gilead Sciences Inc. not only affirmed the district court’s grant of judgment as...
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsReminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock TransfersPosted on November 8, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThis is a reminder for sponsors of equity incentive plans and tax-qualified “employee stock purchase plans” (“ESPPs”) of their year-end information reporting requirements under Section 6039 of the Internal Revenue Code with respect to stock issued to employees or former employees upon the exercise of “incentive stock options” (“ISO”) or transferred under an ESPP. The […] The post Reminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock Transfers appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogData Protection Commission publishes guidance on DSARsPosted on November 8, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe Data Protection Commission (DPC) has published guidance which seeks to answer some of the most frequently asked questions in relation to Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs). Some of the key issues addressed in the guidance are set out below: Format of Request – The GDPR does not prescribe any particular method for making a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogISS vs. SEC – Rumble in the proxy advisor junglePosted on November 6, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso,Mike Brett
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateClasses Certified in In re Suboxone “Product-Hopping” CasePosted on November 5, 2019 by William F. Cavanaugh, Jr., Amy N. Vegari, Ph.D.Recently, Judge Goldberg in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania certified two classes of plaintiffs asserting antitrust claims based on alleged “product hopping” by the manufacturer of branded tablets treating opioid addiction. In re: Suboxone (Buprenorphine Hydrochloride and Nalaxone) Antitrust Litig., 13-md-2445, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 166524 (E.D. Pa. Sept. 26, 2019). While declining to certify [...]