- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogGovernment publishes Legislation Programme for Spring 2019Posted on January 18, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe Government has published its Legislation Programme for Spring 2019. Preparing for Brexit is the central feature of the Spring Legislation Programme (which covers the period January-March 2019). The Brexit omnibus bill, the Miscellaneous Provisions (Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 29 March 2019) Bill, is the primary item in the Spring...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogUK House of Commons Rejects Draft Brexit Withdrawal AgreementPosted on January 17, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn January 15, 2019, the UK House of Commons rejected the draft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement negotiated between the UK Prime Minister and the EU, and the UK ICO recently published guidance for businesses regarding the consequences of a UK exit without a deal remains relevant. This blog entry provides highlights on the guidance. Continue Reading
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsISS Issues U.S. Compensation Policies FAQs for 2019Posted on December 28, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupOn December 14, 2018, Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) issued its updated FAQs related to its U.S. Compensation Policies, effective for shareholder meetings occurring on or after February 1, 2019. There were some notable updates with respect to executive compensation and nonemployee director compensation, which are briefly discussed below. Problematic Pay Practices ISS had previously identified […] The post ISS Issues U.S. Compensation Policies FAQs for 2019 appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 63 – SE Fintech Venture ConferencePosted on December 18, 2018 by MMMTechLawThe Southeast Fintech Venture Conference is an all-day event showcasing the top fintech companies in the Southeast. From true startups to hometown fintech success stories, this day serves as a demonstration of the latest and greatest in fintech innovation. For a recap of the conference, visit Queen City Fintech.
- Blog: The FirewallIllinois’ BIPA’s Rollercoaster Ride to the Illinois Supreme CourtPosted on December 11, 2018 by Erin S. Johnson and Ashley S.A. JacksonOver the last several years, the emphasis on privacy and data protection has grown significantly. With the amount of data collected by companies and technology skyrocketing, the need to protect personal information has been at the forefront of states’ legislative agendas. While all 50 states now have breach notification statutes, states are now taking a... Continue Reading
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateDistrict Judge Criticizes Pace of Aetna – CVS MergerPosted on December 4, 2018 by Robert P. LoBue, Amy N. Vegari, Ph.D.After two hearings over the last week, Judge Richard J. Leon of the District Court for the District of Columbia seems to have put the brakes on the well-publicized merger between health care giants CVS and Aetna. The merger obtained conditional approval from the DOJ’s Antitrust Division on October 10, 2018, and the parties seemed [...]