- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 77 – Vu Partners with Chris MailanderPosted on February 24, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Chris Mailander, Managing Director of Vu Partners. Vu Partners is a team of seasoned, creative professionals who are well-versed in operations, deal strategy, due diligence, partner development, negotiation, and execution. Their hands-on, client-centric approach allows them to develop a tailored solution that helps their clients achieve their long-term objectives.setechpodcastpodcaststartupstrategyconsultingentrepreneur
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsThe DPA approves a draft Act prohibiting life and health insurers from processing health sensor dataPosted on February 24, 2020 by The Belgian data protection authority (DPA) has approved a draft Act that prohibits life and health insurers from processing the health sensor data of their insurance holders. The Belgian legislator wants to prevent insurers from providing discounts to the “healthy ones”, even if the insurers have their policy-holders’ consent. There is a fear that such processing could lead to infringements of privacy and to unlawful discrimination.
- Blog: The FirewallMaryland Court Orders Insurance Company to Pay Ransomware Damages Under Businessowner’s PolicyPosted on February 20, 2020 by Sean C. GriffinThe United States District Court for the District of Maryland recently held that an insurer must cover an insured’s costs to replace its computer systems following a ransomware attack. The case, National Ink and Stitch, LLC v. State Auto Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Civ. No. SAG-18-2138 (D. Md. January 23, 2020), contains lessons for... Continue Reading
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsAgencies Update Group Health Plan Required Disclosure DocumentsPosted on February 20, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupFederal agencies recently issued updated versions of certain documents that are required to be disclosed to individuals under applicable employer-sponsored group health plans. A set of FAQs regarding the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) was issued by the federal Departments of Labor (“DOL”), Health and Human Services (“HHS”), and Treasury (collectively, the “Departments”), which describe recent […] The post Agencies Update Group Health Plan Required Disclosure Documents appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateThe Democratic Presidential Candidates and AntitrustPosted on February 18, 2020 by Jonathan H. Hatch, David KlebanWith the Democratic primary process in full swing, we thought it fitting to take a look at where the candidates stand with respect to antitrust issues. As it turns out, this is a fairly active election cycle for antitrust, with most Democratic candidates invoking antitrust laws (and proposed laws) in connection with their visions for [...]
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEDPB publishes finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPRPosted on December 6, 2019 by Davinia BrennanOn 12 November 2019, the EDPB published its finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPR (3/2018). The Guidelines aim to assist companies and supervisory authorities in determining whether a particular processing activity falls within the territorial scope of the GDPR. The key changes to the draft Guidelines include clarification that: whilst some of a...Continue Reading…