North America Blog
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Nishant Jain, Co-Founder and CEO of PressoPosted on July 10, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Nishant Jain, Co-Founder and CEO of Presso a robotics startup making instant laundry and dry-cleaning robots. Nishant shares Presso’s journey and growth in these uncertain times. Presso enables costume departments in film and TV productions to disinfect, clean, and press clothes on-site and save thousands of dollars in production […]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsPuerto Rico Extends the Deadline for Special Disaster DistributionsPosted on July 9, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe Puerto Rico Treasury Department (“Puerto Rico Treasury”) recently issued Internal Revenue Circular Letter (“CC RI”) 20-29 extending the period to make “Special Disaster Distributions” from qualified retirement plans and IRAs from June 30, 2020 to December 31, 2020. See our prior blog post here for details regarding what distributions qualify as Special Disaster Distributions. […] The post Puerto Rico Extends the Deadline for Special Disaster Distributions appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateImpax Oral Argument at Fifth Circuit Reveals Thorny Issues and Uncertain OutcomePosted on June 28, 2020 by Jake Walter-Warner, Amy N. Vegari, Ph.D., William F. Cavanaugh, Jr.On June 9, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit heard oral argument in Impax Laboratories, Inc., Etc. v. Federal Trade Commission. The appeal by pharmaceutical manufacturer Impax marks the first time a court will review the Federal Trade Commission’s (“FTC”) interpretation of the Supreme Court’s watershed decision on reverse payment settlements, [...]
- Blog: Taking Care of HR BusinessThis Week's Show: Mental Resiliency in the WorkplacePosted on June 26, 2020 by Tawny L. AlvarezOn Saturday, June 27, Tawny interviewed Kate Simpson, Co-author and Developer of Take Two: A Journal of New Beginnings, for this segment of HR Power Hour. For this episode, Kate and Tawny discuss building resilience at work, specifically how the Take Two journal came about and how it can assist listeners in building this resilience. [...]
- Blog: Appellate InsightAmicus Briefs: The Difficulties in Navigating the Party Presentation RulePosted on June 10, 2020 by Patrick BurnsAmici curiae often walk a tightrope between offering argument that is supplemental, but also sufficiently within the issues framed by the parties. That tightrope may be even narrower after the Supreme Court issued its decision in United States v. Sineneng-Smith, 140 S.Ct. 1575 (2020), which vacated an order by the Ninth Circuit for violating the […]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCryptocurrency and Blockchain Litigation Trends and PredictionsPosted on January 3, 2020 by Alexandra DrozAs cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have expanded, so too have regulatory scrutiny and ensuing litigation. The lack of a uniformly applicable regulatory framework–particularly regarding whether virtual currencies constitute securities subject to the federal securities laws and registration requirements–has led to confusion and uncertainty. Recently filed “fintech” actions are poised to establish precedent in this novel... Continue Reading