Content fatigue is real and with an abundance of 'new normal' emails, webinars, social posts & podcasts popping up, here are a few tips to make sure your communications are well received by clients and other recipients:
For malicious people, preying on collective fear and misinformation is nothing new. As the spread of coronavirus continues, and the world 'plugs in' and conducts business online, Phishing scams are getting more and more sophisticated. From avoiding malware on your device, exposing your online accounts, to protecting your financial information, there's never been a more important time to bolster your online immunity and minimize your risk of getting caught out.
Use these tips before considering major new and possibly unnecessary integrations:
Through the power of artificial intelligence (AI), marketers can create more engaging and meaningful client experiences than ever before. AI has only been available in the last decade or so and while the majority of B2B marketers still don't use AI, adoption is swiftly increasing. Stay ahead of the game and consider the following actions to enhance your marketing strategy and strengthen your client's relationship with your brand and firm story.
WSG practice and industry groups exist to benefit members by providing a forum where professionals, at any level, can share knowledge, discuss opportunities and collaborate with colleagues who possess similar interests and expertise. Active participation in WSG groups not only adds value to your membership, but also benefits you personally by giving you a platform to establish yourself as an expert in your practice area.
Engagement on a consistent basis is the key to bringing value to both yourself and your WSG membership, as well as providing for a richer networking and learning environment.
Here are three ways to establish rapport with other members, deepen the value gained belonging to a group and start your journey to being considered an expert in your practice area or industry:
- Start or participate in forum discussions. Beginning or participating in forum discussions are great ways to engage in conversations about a specific topic or current issue. All WSG Practice Group members can easily access forum discussions without having to travel, contribute in a meaningful manner, and follow the discussion in real time as it develops. Similarly, sending a message through the messaging tool can instantly connect you to individuals who share the same interests. Messages can be sent to the entire practice group or you can narrow your conversation and select as few group members as you wish.
- Upload articles of interest. Uploading an article is a great way to draw attention and drive conversation around practice areas and interests most important to you and your firm. Include a paragraph or two about why you think the information is relevant or add a comment about "how I see it".
- Write and post to a WSG group blog. Writing a practice group blog is a great way to highlight and promote specialized knowledge and experience in order to create thought-leadership and global recognition. These posts are automatically distributed to WSG members of the group to further engagement and posted on the collective Practice Group blog. More importantly, a blog can be read by existing and prospective clients and partners, allowing them to develop an intimate level of trust in you.
For more information on joining or boosting your involvement in one of WSG's practice or industry groups, please contact us at [email protected].
WSG in partnership with The Legal 500's GC Magazine, have published new survey results that provide insight on trending in-house legal sector technologies and how European general counsel leaders are adapting to the changes. The special edition includes these detailed survey results, and feature articles with general counsel and other technology industry experts.
Illustrating once again we can go farther together, WSG releases recent statistics that showcase true value. Check out some of our favorite numbers and best successes.
Look Your Best with WSG Artificial Intelligence
The new Data Admin Dashboard Automatically Offers Insights to Optimize Your Membership
WSG members now have access to an all new dashboard where data admins can access, interact and analyze up-to-date information to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Let’s Take the Tour!
Log into your firm’s administration profile. Once on the dashboard, you will see a series of tabs at the top. Each breakout below explores how each landing page will help serve your needs and amplify your firm’s profile:
A New Resource to Facilitate Secondment Opportunities within Your Network
The all new WSG Secondments Program provides member firms and professionals with unique opportunities to foster strong relationships, exchange information, gain valuable experience and knowledge, and increase cultural understanding and communications.
Let’s Take the Tour!
Log into your profile, and click:
Once on the Secondments page, you will see the following options:
Now is the time to plan for the upcoming year. Whether you are preparing as head of the firm’s practice, for your personal clients or for general firm goals, follow the example below to establish reachable goals for any practice area, resource or strategy and keep the pace throughout the year.
Every year is the same; it is October, and we all wonder where the time has gone. Unfortunately, it does not matter. Now is the time to plan for the upcoming year. Whether you are preparing as head of the firm’s practice, for your personal clients or for general firm goals, follow the example below to establish reachable goals for any practice area, resource, or strategy.
Objective: Further Incorporate and Evaluate WSG Integration into the Firm
- Review and confirm the current goals and objectives
- Review referrals received and referred. Ensure they are reported in WSG’s referral tool.
- Review number of professionals participating in WSG activity in-person and digitally.
- Review and monitor confirmed dates and open registrations for 2019 to be announced by 1 December or earlier.
- Create a progressive plan from 2018 to transition into the 2019 goals and objectives
- Report referrals and collaborations on an ongoing basis in 2019 to assist in evaluations and adjustments to the goals throughout the year.
- Assign or approach firm professionals from different practice areas about participating in groups, meetings, networking, webinars etc. in advance in order to coordinate activities for 2019. Define a reporting approach to learn about their experiences.
- Register early for meetings to establish a current representative and a new attendee increasing integration and succession planning for firm resources.
- Establish industry/practice groups, meetings, networking, webinars etc. that are of most interest to the firm, categorize by industry/practice groups, regions or clients and discuss with WSG in order to establish opportunities as early as possible for 2019.
- Incorporate resources into your plan now
- Incorporate your WSG resources into the firm, practice area, business development and branding plans for the firm as early as possible to gain the most value and benefit.
- Audit your membership
- Review all the areas where your firm could be gaining inherit benefit by using the Member Review tool on the WSG administrative page. Contact WSG to learn more about the many ways to gain the most benefit, and receive an update of the new aspects of the organization in order to best plan for the coming year.
While this is a sample of planning for WSG integration into the firm, these 5 easy steps can be used to plan for any objective. Planning allows us to be more structured and focused, but most importantly, it enhances our ability to work and thrive when the chaos inevitably happens. We can be pulled in many directions because we integrate new projects and obligations. The plan is in place to efficiently maneuver through the commotion. Planning is critical to our ability to function at our most powerful levels and accomplish our highest priorities.