Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Group. The main focus of his practice is the creation and structuring of financial products and financing for all kinds of businesses, both from the lender or the borrower’s perspective; the purchases and sales of companies and the issuance and placement of debt and equity securities either in Chile or elsewhere, as well as financial regulatory matters.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
Areas of Practice
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- China Desk
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Capital Markets (2022) and in Project Finance and Development (2018), Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and in Capital Markets, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and in Capital Markets, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized as Thought Leader in Banking and Finance, LACCA.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Investment, Project Finance and Development and Structured Finance, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Leaders League.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets, Top Ranked Legal.
Professional Activities and Experience
- Member of the Council, Chilean Bar Association (2017-2021).
- Member of the Advisory Committee on Capital Markets to the Financing Minister.
- Member of the New Commerce Codification Commission (2016-2017).
- Working Group to analyze a new General Banking Law, Chile (2015).
- Member of the Board of InBest, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote Chile as a business capital (since 2009).
- Member of the Legal Committee, Chilean Banking Association (2000-2007).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Counsel and member of the Executive Committee, Inter-American Bar Association (IABA).
- Member of the Arbitration Body of the Center for the Arbitration and Mediation, Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Legal counsel, Citicorp and Citibank, Chile (1985).
- Law clerk, Comptroller’s Office, Republic of Chile (1972).
Law 21,299: Regulates Postponement Loans of Mortgage Loans and Sets State Guaranty to Guarantee ThemBy Diego Peralta |January 2021
- Diego Peralta |July 2020
- Diego Peralta |June 2020
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Lending & Secured Finance, Global Legal Group (2015-2022).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Global Legal Insights - Banking Regulation, Global Legal Group (2020, 2021 and 2022).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in China Trade and Investment in Latin America, The Legal 500 Guide (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Global Legal Insights - Banking and Finance, Global Legal Group (2020).
- Co-author of the article "Regulatory Overview of Fintechs in Chile" in the book "Fintech: Legal Aspects", Cetys, Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Fintech Regulation in Latinamerica, Lloreda-Camacho (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Foreign Direct Investment Regimes, Global Legal Group (2020).
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.