His practice focuses on commercial litigation and encompasses all aspects of litigation, both contract-related and other, in areas that include real estate, landlord-tenant relations, mining law, franchisor-franchisee relations, competition, financial institutions, bankruptcy and insolvency, injunctions, seizures, and realization of security on movable or immovable property.
Over the years, he has also developed extensive knowledge and skills in the area of extraordinary remedies, particularly regarding injunctions, in all fields, namely in energy, natural resources, aeronautics and technology.
In his practice, Mr. Verdon is retained by a diverse range of clients in both the public and the private sectors and represents clients in the courts at all levels, including arbitration tribunals. He regularly advises clients on contractual issues, related to, for example, commercial leases, business or service contracts, distribution contracts and shareholders agreement.
Mr. Verdon has been Head of Practice Litigation and Conflict Resolution and is also responsible of Lavery?s Conflict of interests Management Committee to 2014 till 2019.
- Biron Groupe Santé inc. v. Minville et al. (505-17-007181-144) (Unfair competition)
- Hydro-Québec v. Grégoire et al (650-17-000626-123) (Barricading of sites)
- Hydro-Québec v. Développement Olymbec inc. (700-17-011109-146) (Nuisance)
- MAG Energy Solutions inc. v. TEC Energy et al. (500-17-087823-152) (Competition and technology)
- Transat Tours Canada inc. v. Tescor, S.A. de C.V. et Mytravel Canada Holiday inc. (500-17-026513-054) (Competition; international injunction)
- Hydro-Québec v. Les Équipements de services et fournitures industriels Scherrer et Picard inc. et al. (650-17-000602-116) (Barricading of sites)
- Aviation Mauricie inc. v. Bel-Air Laurentien Aviation inc. (410-17-000410-055) (Nuisance)
- Pessamit (La Nation Innue de) v. Corporation Ressources Nevado et al (500-17-064381-117) (Nuisance)
- Sobeys Québec inc. v. Coopérative des consommateurs de Ste-Foy (500-09-013397-039) (Commercial lease; interpretation)
- Les constructions Polaris v. Hydro-Québec (500-17-079663-137) (Construction contract and settlement agreement)
- Énergie Atomique du Canada Ltée v. Hydro-Québec (500-17-074082-127) (Contract to rebuild the Gentilly 2 power station)
- Limtech Carbonate inc. (Syndic de) v. Société en commandite Gaz Métro (200-09-007368-118) (Distribution contract; contractual compensation and bankruptcy)
- Forages La Virole inc. v. Ressources minières Augyva inc. (Drilling contract)
Real Estate Law
- Urbacon Architecture inc. v. Urbacon Buildings Group Corp (500-09-024654-147) (Construction legal hypothec)
- Les Équipements de services et fournitures industriels Scherrer et Picard inc. v. Hydro-Québec (650-17-000796-157) (Mining claims)
- Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal v. Placements Antidisestablishmentarianism (SAI-M-118670-0606) (Expropriation)
- Michetti c. Sobeys Capital Inc., (505-17-001449-034- 500-09-015539-059) (Encroachment on immovable property; acquisitive prescription)
- United Technologies Corporation Aerospace Systems v. Héroux-Devtek inc. (Procurement contract; landing gear parts)
- Chambre de la sécurité financière v. Conseil de professionnels en services financiers (Agreement for services)
Publications and presentations
In addition to writing a number of papers and speaking on a variety of subjects relating to his practice, Mr. Verdon is the author of the 19th segment of the JurisClasseur encyclopedia Québec ? Contrats nommés published by LexisNexis, dealing with contracts of lease and hire.
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2000
- B.A., psychology, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, 1996
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2000