Law No. 21,121
Amends Rules Relating to Corruption and Other Crimes, Incorporates New Criminal Conducts, and Expands Criminal Liability of Legal Entities
Carey, January 2019
Law No. 21,121 (the “Law”), which came into force on November 20, 2018, amends the Criminal Code, Law No. 20,393 on Criminal Liability of Legal Entities, and Law No. 19,913 on Money Laundering, in connection with various criminal conducts relating to corruption and conflicts of interest. The following is a summary of the main aspects of the Law: 1.Domestic Passive and Active Bribery...
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the "Latin American Investigations Guide", Hogan Lovells (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of "Foreign Investment in South America: A Comprehensive Guide to Infrastructure and the Legal Environment", American Bar Association (2018).
- Co-author of "International Joint Ventures: A Guide for U.S. Lawyers", American Bar Association (2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Anti-Corruption Regulation, Getting the Deal Through (2011-2013).
- Author of "Doing Business in South America", International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2011).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in "Joint Ventures in the International Arena", amongst others, 2nd Edition, International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series, ABA Section of International Law (2010).
- Author and editor of several articles published in the book The International Lawyer, including papers on corporate issues, energy, natural resources, gaming law, labor law and other regulatory matters, ABA Section of International Law (since 2005).
- Co-author of "International Arbitration: Practical Considerations with a Latin American Focus", The Journal of Structured and Project Finance (2003).