Manida advises and represents clients in corporate, business and financial matters with special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, debt restructuring, class action litigation, and civil and commercial disputes.
She has advised on a number of major and high profile transactions involving debt restructuring, commercial disputes, and mergers and acquisitions, and advises on regulatory compliance throughout all stages of such transactions.
- Akara Resources Public Company Limited (Akara) – in charge of (i) an administrative case against government authorities in relation to a dispute on metallurgical license renewal of Akara’s gold mine operation; and (ii) – the defense of the civil lawsuit and the petition for a class action, in which the ground of the claim is relating to the allegations of supposed wrongful acts contravening the Enhancement and Conservation of National Environmental Quality Act B.E. 2535. The Plaintiff and her class members, totaling 398 persons, claimed that they suffered from the environmental effect and contamination of chemicals and heavy metals from the gold mining operation.
- A global automotive producer – in charge of the defense of the civil lawsuit and the petition for a class action against the client and its affiliates, totaling 4 persons, as the Defendants. The ground of the claim is relating to the defective products or unsafe product and misleading advertisements in relation to the Product Liability Act, the Consumer Protection Act and the class action law. The Plaintiffs and their class members, totaling 534 persons, claimed that they are the Defendants’ customers who suffered damage from low quality, sub-standard, defective products or unsafe products or are not in accordance with the Defendants’ advertisement.
- KfW Bankengruppe (KfW) – in charge of the defense of the Baht 190 billion (approximately US$ 5.8 billion) claim against KfW, as a member of the creditor committees of Thai Petrochemical Industry Public Company Limited (TPI). The ground of the claim is tort committed during the reorganization process of TPI, a leading petrochemical company, and its shareholders/guarantors.
- Acting as counsel to Thailand’s State Enterprise Policy Office (“SEPO”), the main regulatory body for PPP initiatives, in drafting standard form contracts for SEPO’s use under the Private Investments in State Undertakings Act B.E. 2556 (2013) and related laws and regulations. These standard form contracts are the templates by which PPP initiatives are carried out in Thailand, subject to some modification at SEPO’s discretion and negotiation with particular private-sector partners, and are presented to first-time private-sector partners interested in pursuing a PPP in Thailand.
- Represented Airport of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) in preparing and advising on the agreement in relation to the master concessionaire for duty free at Donmuang Airport and the agreement in relation to the master concessionaire for food and beverage at Donmuang Airport.
- Represented Thaicom Public Company Limited in preparing and advising on the agreements in connection with the construction, development and operation of a new commercial satellite (Thaicom-8)
- Advised Airport of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) as the legal advisor to the Board of Directors.
- Provided legal advisory services to Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) in a potential dispute concerning the operation and management of concessionary business at Suvarnabhumi Airport under the relevant concession contracts.
LLB, Thammasat University, 1985