* Highly recommended lawyer in Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions in accordance with PLC Which Lawyer 2006
* Highly recommended lawyer in Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions in accordance with Latin Lawyer, 2006
* Highly recommended lawyer in Communications in accordance with Who's Who Legal. 2006
* Recommended lawyer in IFLR 1000, The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms. 2007
* Lawyer with the highest qualification and recommendation for Colombia in Corporate and Commercial Law in accordance with Chambers Global, The World's Leading Lawyers for Business. 2007
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
International Bar Association
American Society of International Law
Institute for Transnational Arbitration
Center for Telecommunications Studies
Leadership Chair of Lex Mundi's E-commerce Practice Group
Regional Vice-Chair Antitrust and Competition Practice Group
Mr. Michelsen participated as a speaker at the ITU conference held in Geneva in September of 1997 in connection with which he published the article "Colombia: Regulatory Environment to Achieve an Interactive Society". He also acted as speaker at the third annual telecommunications and informatic summit, sponsored by the Center for Investigation in telecommunications, where he gave a speech on the interactivity of telecommunications and information technology.
Professional Activities and Experience
Mr. Michelsen worked as a lawyer at the Exchange Control Superintendency, (Bogota, 1983 - 1984), Cavalier Abogados, (Bogota, 1985-1987), and Baker & Botts, (Houston, USA, 1986). He was also Secretary General and Legal Advisor at the Bogota Stock Exchange (1987 - 1988), and headed the Legal Department of Shell Colombia (Bogota, 1988 - 1991).
Mr. Michelsen currently teaches at the Law and Business Administration Faculties at the Universidad de los Andes. Furthermore, he has been a Lecturer at Universidad Javeriana, Universidad de los Andes, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Universidad del Rosario and Bogota's Chamber of Commerce.