Senior Patent Specialist of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. She leads the biotech patent team and her practice is focused on industrial property matters in relation to the local and foreign prosecution of biotechnology patents, as well as prior art searches, preparation of patentability opinions, development of patent protection strategies, providing expert advice on protection through patent rights, conducting freedom-to-operate (FTO) searches and opinions, and drafting patent applications. In addition, she also advises on proceedings before the courts and attends to oral hearings before the Industrial Property Court.
- Biochemist, Universidad de Chile.
- Diploma in Immunology Diploma, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Chile (1991).
- Workshop for 2nd Medical Uses Patent Protection – Training Program for Latin America, INAPI - EPO (2001).
- Biotechnology Inventions Patentability, Training Workshop. INPI Argentina - EPO, (2003).
- General Course on Intellectual Property (DL-101), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2004).
- Biotechnology and Intellectual Property Advanced course (DL 204), WIPO (2006).
- Patent Information Search Course (DL-318 ), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2009).
- Patent Drafting Course (DL320), WIPO -INAPI (2012).
- Patent Drafting Advanced Course and Use of the Patent System, WIPO -INAPI (2013).
- Introduction to the UPOV System for Plant Variety Protection Course (DL-205), International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) (2014).
- Course From University to Industry, Summer School, Universidad Católica de Chile - University of Cambridge (2018).