Bojana is the President of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP's Centre for Information Policy Leadership (CIPL), a preeminent global information policy think tank located in Washington, DC, London and Brussels. With more than 20 years of experience and deep knowledge of global data privacy and cybersecurity law, compliance and policy, she has a proven industry record in designing strategy, and building and managing data privacy compliance programs.
Currently, Bojana sits on the Datum Future Advisory Board, the Internet Commission Advisory Board and the OECD’s Privacy Guidelines Expert Group. She participates in many industry groups and is a regular speaker at international privacy and data security conferences. Bojana was also the recipient of the 2019 International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Vanguard Award, which recognizes privacy professionals for outstanding leadership, knowledge and creativity in the field of privacy and data protection.
Prior to joining CIPL, Bojana served for 12 years as the Global Director of Data Privacy at Accenture and worked for eight years as Principal Consultant with Privacy Laws and Business. She was elected Chair of the IAPP from 2011-2012 and served as a Board member from 2008-2013.
- Hands-on-business experience addressing issues on big data and analytics, cybersecurity, implementing accountability and compliance programs, cross-border data transfers, interoperability of conflicting national legal requirements, changing role of corporate data privacy officers and government use of private-sector data.
- Working with corporate leaders on developing effective accountability-based governance programs and addressing other information policy challenges for organizations in managing and protecting personal data in today’s information age.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive and effective global data privacy corporate compliance program across expanding business and over 50 geographies.
- Developed strategies for cross-border data transfer mechanisms, including developing and obtaining the regulatory approvals for Binding Corporate Rules for data privacy from European data privacy regulators.
- Advised on effective data privacy governance issues, including providing guidance on compliance, risk and information security functions.
- Performed privacy impact assessments and gap analyses against legislative requirements and industry best practices to ensure programs and strategies remain current to the changing legal landscape.
- Designed and delivered sustainable, innovative and engaging training and awareness campaigns, collaborating and leveraging other compliance, risk and information security functions.
- Managed formal and informal interactions with data privacy commissioners and regulators.
JD, University of Belgrade, 1988