Truong Nhat Quang, the Managing Partner of YKVN, heads a well-recognized, top tier corporate practice focused on banking, capital markets and M&A transactions. Quang has successfully handled landmark deals in Vietnam, regularly advising on complex lending and borrowing issues as well as representing government agencies and multilateral organizations on nation-shaping industrial projects. Quang clients include top Vietnamese banks and corporates, global investment banks, banks active in Vietnam and global private equity funds.
Consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in Vietnam for banking and project finance by International Financial Law Review, Chambers and Partners and Asia Pacific Legal 500 for several consecutive years, Quang has been described as the top banking lawyer in the market because of his seniority, experience, expertise and dedication to clients (International Financial Law Review). He is the respected author of numerous publications on Vietnam legal environment, and has co-authored articles specifically on banking and project finance in the country, such as the Vietnamese chapter of Banking Yearbook 2004 (International Financial Law Review, 2004), BOT Project Financing in Vietnam (Asia Law, 2003), and the Vietnamese chapter of Taking Security in Emerging Asian Markets (Asia Law, 1997).
Hanoi Bar Association
Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Hanoi National University, School of Law, LLB 1994
- Vincom's US$100 million convertible bond issuance. Transaction named "Debt and Equity-linked Deal of the Year" 2010 by IFLR and "Deal of the Year" 2009 by Asian Counsel;
- IPO of Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam. Transaction named "Deal of the Year" 2008 by Asian Counsel;
- US$500 million listing of Indochina Capital Vietnam Holdings on the London Stock Exchange. Transaction got a honorable mention in "Deals of the Year" 2007 announced by Asian Counsel;
- US$255 million financing of the construction of Dong Nai 3 and Dong Nai 4 Hydropower Plants. Transaction named "Deal of the Year" 2006 by Asian Counsel;
- ECGD-COFACE-HERMES-guaranteed financing of three Airbus 231-321 aircraft to Vietnam Airlines Corporation. Transaction named "Southeast Asia Asset/Corporate Finance Deal" 2004 by Asian Legal Business;
- US Eximbank financing of four Boeing 777 aircraft to Vietnam Airlines Corporation. Transaction named "Best Deal of 2003" by GlobalTrade Review; and
- Thu Duc BOT Water Treatment Plant financing. Transaction named "Asia-Pacific Water Deal of the Year" 2001 by Project Finance.