COVID-19 and Force Majeure
Makarim & Taira S., March 2020
COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly around the globe, including Indonesia. Consequently, on 12 March 2020, COVID-19 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. Due to this pandemic, many businesses and factories are temporarily closed causing critical implications for businesses, both international and domestic...
The New Amendment to the KPK Law: Newly Passed Bill
Makarim & Taira S., October 2019
By the enactment of Law No. 30 of 2002 on The Corruption Eradication Commission, which was later amended by Government Regulation in lieu of Law No. 1 of 2015 on Amendments to Law No. 30 of 2002 on The Corruption Eradication Commission (“KPK Law”), the KPK was formed in 2002 in order to reduce the corruption prevalent in Indonesia...
The New Incentive for Whistleblowers for Revealing Crimes of Corruption?
Makarim & Taira S., January 2019
To date, the Indonesian government and institutions have largely remained entrenched in an endemic culture of corruption. Despite major victories before the court by the Corruption Eradication Commission (“KPK”) in recent years, crimes of corruption (especially bribery and gratification) remain a major problem at every level of government institution...
Rudy was the co-author and contributor of the following publications:
1. The Global Legal Insights (GLI) - International Arbitration 1st Edition (Indonesian Chapter), 2015.
2. The Global Legal Insights (GLI) - Litigation & Dispute Resolutions (Indonesian Chapter), 4th Edition, 2015.
3. The Global Legal Insights (GLI) - International Arbitration 2nd Edition (Indonesian Chapter), 2016.
4. Thomson Reuters-Practical Law - Mediation Q&A: Indonesia, 2017.
5. The In-House Lawyer - Indonesia: Restructuring & Insolvency, 2017.
6. The Global Legal Insights (GLI) - International Arbitration 3rd Edition (Indonesian Chapter), 2017.