Samantha's practice focuses on public finance, primarily assisting with tax-exempt financings for school districts, junior college districts, cities, counties, special districts and non-profit corporations.
In connection with these transactions, she has served as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and disclosure counsel. Samantha also advises governmental clients on general public law matters, including elections, open government and economic development.
- Bond counsel for over $1 billion of school district bonds over the last three years
- Counsel to underwriters in connection with over $650,000,000 of city, county, charter school, and school district tax-exempt and taxable obligations over the last three years
- Disclosure counsel to city, county, and school district issuers in connection with over $200,000,000 of tax-exempt and taxable obligations over the last three years
- Bond counsel for school districts in the issuance and remarketing of variable rate soft put bonds
- Bond counsel for cities obtaining financial assistance through various programs administered by the Texas Water Development Board
- Disclosure counsel for county toll road revenue bonds and county general obligation bonds
- Disclosure counsel for city certificates of obligation and city general obligation bonds
- Bond counsel to school district in the issuance of $130,000,000 unlimited tax school building bonds and the concurrent defeasance of a combined $40,000,000 unlimited tax bonds
BA, The University of Texas at Austin, with Highest Honors, 2010