Edward’s practice focuses on representing debtors, secured lenders, unsecured creditors’ committees and general commercial litigation parties.
More specifically, he has in-depth experience with complex chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, complex commercial litigation, insolvency-related litigation, debt restructuring, corporate law, compliance, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
His practice also includes structuring distressed acquisition, financing and real estate transactions, as well as advising clients on insolvency and counter-party risks related to mergers, acquisitions and general corporate transactions.
Edward began his career with a judicial clerkship with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division (Hon. Russell F. Nelms).
- In re Castex Energy Partners, L.P. et al., Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- In re Seadrill Limited, et al., Co-Counsel to the Coordinating Committee of Senior Secured Credit Facility Agents, Lenders and Export Credit Agencies.
- In re NorthStar Offshore Group, LLCet al., represented DIP lender and “stalking horse” bidder (Southern District of Texas).
- In re Warren Resources, Inc. et al., lead counsel for Chapter 11 debtors, oil and gas exploration and production company with approximately $500 million of debt (Southern District of Texas).
- In re Miller Energy Resources, Inc. et al., lead counsel for Chapter 11 debtors, oil and gas exploration and production company with over $230 million of debt (District of Alaska).
- In re Linn Energy LLC, et. al. Counsel to counterparty on numerous contracts and owner of gathering system.
- In re CSP Asset, II, represented secured lender for the largest climate controlled storage facility in Texas.
BA, Texas A&M University, cum laude, 2005