Kara is a planning lawyer with experience working acting for both public sector and private landowners, developers and lenders. Her expertise includes drafting and negotiating Section 106 Agreements, Section 278 Agreements and Section 38 Agreements. She also has experience in managing and preparing applications for judicial review and Section 288 challenges.
Kara's experience includes:
· Advising national housing developers on s.106 agreements along with Deeds of Variation
· Acting for a developer in connection with their planning application for a hotel and aparthotel in London including preparation of the Section 106 Agreement
· Advising a registered social housing providers on the re-negotiation of section 106 agreements including the drafting of deeds of variation and new section 106 agreements
· Acting for retailers in connection with the planning aspects of leases and agreement for lease of units
· Carrying out planning due diligence for various clients in relation to acquisitions, disposals and refinancing
· Advising a charity in relation to the impact of planning applications, listed buildings and access rights concerning a heritage asset
· Assisting a national retailer in connection with a reference to the Upper Tribunal
Kara joined Shoosmiths in 2015 from Milton Keynes Council.
Planning | Planning and environment | Real estate
© Shoosmiths LLP, 2020