Gil brings over 14 years of experience in various areas of real estate law and is frequently recognized by local and national publications.
Gil represents clients in commercial real estate transactions involving the financing, leasing, acquisition and disposition of office buildings, shopping centers, multi-family apartment buildings, gas stations, vacant land, and high-end residential condominium units and single-family residences. He also works on corporate transactions involving the formation of real estate ownership entities, and negotiates and drafts corporate documents. Among other skills, he is highly experienced in structuring business entities for offshore investors in US real estate to minimize US income and estate taxes.
Client representations include:
- Acquisition of approximately 117 acres of vacant land for development
- Acquisition, refinancing and leasing of aviation buildings housing flight simulator
- Forty-year recertification of apartment building, as well as mitigation of code violation liens
- Negotiating and drafting new and renewal of office leases on behalf of Landlord for a Class A office building with approximately 500,000 square feet of space
- Commercial and residential loan transactions
- Acquisition and disposition of high-end, luxury residential homes
- Participation in foreclosure litigation cases involving national institutional lenders
- Acquisition and disposition of Class A office building for approximately $184M, in addition to other apartment buildings, shopping centers, gas stations and high-end residential real estate.
- Disposition of flight simulators to Brazilian aviation corporation
BA, University of South Florida, 1997