Rebecca is a medical negligence and personal injury solicitor with over 7 years’ experience of guiding claimants and their families who have been affected by medical negligence and abuse. Rebecca only acts for claimants in complex civil litigation claims and has a varied workload of cases against public and private NHS bodies, private individuals and care homes and Local Authorities involving birth injury, delay and mis-diagnosis, injuries resulting in death, surgical errors, nursing errors, orthopedic injury, psychiatric injury, mis-treatment and abuse.
Recent successfully concluded claims include:
- Obtaining a six figure settlement for a claimant who suffered a permanent nerve injury to their dominant hand and arm during surgery.
- Obtaining a five figure settlement for a claimant who suffered ongoing gastrointestinal problems following a spillage of gallstones during surgery.
- Obtaining a sum of damages for the family of an elderly patient who died whilst an inpatient as a result of excessive force used during a routine nursing procedure, and guiding them through the Inquest process.
- Persuading a Coroner to hold a two day Inquest and find a new cause of death some 18 months after a patient had died immediately following surgery as a result of surgical error.
- Obtaining a six figure settlement for a claimant who sustained a Grade 4 pressure sore as a result of nursing negligence whilst an inpatient in hospital.
- Obtaining a sum of a damages for a disabled adult mis-treated in a private care home.
- In ongoing claims, obtaining admissions of liability in cases involving mis-diagnosis and delayed treatment of encephalitis and meningitis and negligent removal of a child from the care of their family, and agreeing settlement awards in relation to claims involving unnecessary orthopedic surgery and withdrawal of local authority support.
Rebecca joined Shoosmiths in September 2015 following gaining invaluable experience working for a Defendant panel firm Browne Jacobson, and prior to that undertaking her training contract and gaining newly qualified experience at Irwin Mitchell LLP.
Legal Practice Course - College of Law (now University of Law)
Legal Skills Course - College of Law (now University of Law)
LLB Law - University of Birmingham