Shariza provides strategic legal advice on commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities dealings, corporate financing and restructuring, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and foreign investments.
She also has broad experience with legal matters arising in the area of Infrastructure and Projects such as planning, development, management of public-private partnerships, private finance initiatives and other related issues.
In her practice experience she has been involved in the provision of comprehensive legal service and representation of both foreign and local clients in Corporate Finance, Company Law and Commercial Law issues ranging from dealing with specific queries and circumstances, the conduct of negotiations on behalf of clients and the documentation and drafting of agreements in respect of, amongst others, the following areas:
• Joint Ventures (Incorporated and Unincorporated) (Foreign and Local);
• Shareholders' Agreement and Arrangements;
• Issues of Securities (rights, bonus sale and acquisitions);
• Mergers & Acquisitions;
• Restructuring and Arrangements;
• Management, Technical Assistance and Licence Agreements and other arrangements;
• Corporate Governance;
• Infrastructure Projects;
• Private Public Partnerships;
• Investment Schemes (Direct Investment Funds and Venture Capital Schemes);
• Incorporation and Registration of Companies, Clubs and Societies;
• Directorships, liquidation and receivership;
• Exchange Control Guidelines Advice and dealings with Bank Negara Malaysia;
• Regulatory Guidelines Advice and Compliance (Foreign Investment Committee, Securities Commission, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Petroleum Development Division, Bank Negara Malaysia);
• Legal Due Diligence (Regulatory Submission/Acquisition).
LL.B (Hons), University of London
Certificate in Legal Practice
Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya