Artin provides his clients with laser-focused strategies, and has helped a diverse collection of business enterprises successfully navigate complex litigation matters. Central to Artin’s approach to the practice of law is an unwavering commitment to providing exceptional client service, and adeptness at balancing business objectives with the management of legal exposure.
Artin is a highly experienced civil litigator, having started his career at ground-zero of the 2007 financial crisis. During his formative years as an attorney, Artin handled a panoply of litigation matters spawned by that crisis, including lawsuits asserting violations of the alphabet soup of state and federal consumer protection laws (including TCPA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, and FDCPA), contractual loan repurchase claims, real property disputes, and commercial litigation matters. Artin has been entrusted by some of the nation’s largest financial institutions to try cases, manage national portfolios of consumer litigation, and lead the defense of class actions, including those brought under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Starting from this solid foundation of experience, Artin has honed his skills to become a highly effective advocate, with the capability of handling a broad array of matters, including disputes involving financial transactions, commercial contracts, business fraud, commercial and residential real estate, and consumer protections laws. Artin’s breadth of subject matter experience is complimented by his jurisdictional experience, with California and Florida bar licenses bookending the multiple jurisdictions in which he has litigated cases.
- Chapman University School of Law
- University of California, Irvine
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Mortgage Lending
- Secured judgment in favor of national mortgage loan servicer after five-day trial, prevailing over plaintiff’s claims for fraud and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national bank in high-exposure Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action involving wrong number calls.
- Obtained a judgment of nonsuit at trial in favor of residential mortgage lender in a lawsuit filed by a borrower to quiet title to her mortgage.
- Represented commercial landlord in breach of lease litigation against tenant (a multinational conglomerate), obtaining settlement that compensated landlord for significant damage to property arising from tenant’s failure to maintain.
- Lead attorney in handling portfolio of litigation against mortgage loan originator asserting contractual loan repurchase rights. Successfully helped client resolve nine-figures in potential legal exposure across multiple separate lawsuits, filed by numerous banks.
- Won dismissal of payment processing company in consumer class action case alleging vicarious liability for independent agent’s acts.
- Obtained an order in favor of a tech startup compelling arbitration in first-of-its-kind ruling enforcing an online click-wrap agreement involving a “pre-checked” box accepting terms.
- Achieved favorable individual settlement of TCPA class action against large healthcare marketing agency after filing of opposition to Plaintiff’s motion for class certification.
Buchalter TCPA Digest: More ATDS Cases Slip Past Pleading Stage, Plaintiffs Keep Trying to Leverage Facebook’s FN7, and Florida Enacts Not-so-“Mini” TCPABy Artin Betpera |July 2021
- Buchalter TCPA Digest: The FCC Reassigned Number Database Is About to Go Live. Are You Ready?
- Buchalter TCPA Digest: More ATDS Cases Slip Past Pleading Stage, Plaintiffs Keep Trying to Leverage Facebook’s FN7, and Florida Enacts Not-so-“Mini” TCPA
- The Post-Facebook TCPA Landscape: How the Supreme Court’s Opinion on the Definition of ATDS Has Changed Legal Risk for Companies That Text or Call Consumers
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.