Robert Augustin is an associate on the structured finance and securitization team, based out of our Atlanta office. Robert’s practice focuses on mortgage-related financing and securitization transactions. He advises financial institutions and other market participants in capital markets matters with a primary focus on the financing and securitization of various asset classes, including reverse mortgages and the trading of mortgage loans in the secondary market.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert was an associate at an AmLaw 100 firm representing real estate investment trusts in commercial mortgage-backed securities financing and other commercial real estate lending transactions. Prior to his law firm experience, Robert was a law clerk for the South Carolina State Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Represents dealers and initial purchasers on Freddie Mac’s Structured Agency Credit Risk (STACR) transactions.
- Represents issuers and initial purchasers on mortgage-backed and asset-backed securitizations.
- Represents financial institutions with respect to warehouse and repurchase agreements.
BS, Florida State University, 2017
Areas of Practice
- Asset-Backed Securitization
- Reverse Mortgage/HECM Financing and Securitization
- Structured Finance and Securitization
- Warehouse and Structured Lending, Gestation Finance and Early Buyout (EBO) Facilities