Benjamin Heuer is Chair of the Buchalter’s FinTech Practice Group, and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Alternative Lenders Practice Group. His practice focuses on matters involving asset based lending, factoring, corporate finance, and loan workouts and restructurings. He represents banks, asset based lenders, factors, specialty finance companies and other non-bank financial institutions in connection with senior-secured, asset-based, syndicated, mezzanine, cross-border, and unsecured financing. Mr. Heuer also represents private equity and other borrowers in connection with lender finance transactions.
In addition, Mr. Heuer advises FinTech companies on various aspects of their businesses, including products, operations, and regulatory matters, with particular emphasis on California’s commercial lending license issues and matters before the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation.
Recently, Mr. Heuer was recognized as one of Sacramento Magazine’s 2021 Top Lawyer in the field of Commercial Law.
- UC Berkeley School of Law
- University of California, San Diego
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Finance
- NMLS Transition Update for Existing California Financing Law Licensees: CA DFPI has Extended the Deadline for Submitting Company (MU1) and Covered Person (MU2) Transition Applications to March 15, 2022
- OCC Issues Final Rule Defining “True Lender” – A Bank is the “Lender” if it is Named the Lender in the Loan Documents or if it Funds the Loan
- CDOs Are Less Bankruptcy Remote Than You Thought
- Attention Secured Lenders: The 2010 Amendments to Article 9 are Beginning to Take Effect
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.