Over the years, Charlotte has assisted a number of Danish and foreign insurance and pension companies as well as insurance intermediaries with establishment and restructuring, including portfolio transfers. She has furthermore assisted a number of Danish and foreign companies with advice on the Danish insurance intermediary regulation, most recently the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive into Danish law.
In addition, Charlotte specialises in general insurance and tort law, including insurance fraud, advisors’ professional liability, product liability, general commercial liability and reinsurance, and she has handled a large number of litigation and arbitration proceedings in these areas. Thanks to her in-depth knowledge of the insurance markets, Charlotte provides targeted and value-creating advisory services to her clients in the industry.
Charlotte is member of the board of the Danish Insurance Law Association and has been appointed vice- chairman in May 2016.
- Tryg - regulatory assistance in connection with the acquisition of RSA, including Codan in Denmark and Norse and Trygg-Hansa in Sweden, together with Canadian insurer Intact
- Tryg - regular assistance with damage claims
- Codan - regular assistance with damage claims
- AP Pension - regulatory assistance in connection with AP Pension's acquisition of Nykredit Forsikring and the subsequent merger between AP Pension and Nykredit Livsforsikring
- AP Pension - regulatory assistance in connection with the transfer of Skandia Link Forsikring's portfolio to AP Pension
- PFA - regular assistance in a number of lawsuits regarding entitlement to cover under insurance policies offering protection against loss of earning capacity
- Danica - regular assistance in a number of lawsuits regarding entitlement to cover under insurance policies offering protection against loss of earning capacity
2006 Admitted to the High Court2005 Admitted to the bar2002 Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen2001 Melbourne University, Faculty of Law
Areas of Practice
- Dispute Resolution
- Insurance and Pension Law
- Financial Services
- Insurance And Tort Law
Professional Activities and Experience
- 2022 Legal 500
- 2021 Legal 500
- 2019 Legal 500
- 2017 Legal 500
- 2014 Legal 500