The Declassified blog offers commentary and insights on the latest class action suits, significant class action opinions, relevant changes to laws and rules, and important class action trends. Declassified covers topics ranging from significant Supreme Court and appellate court decisions regarding class certification requirements to proposed or enacted legislation, rules and regulations that impact class action litigation to key industry developments that may indirectly impact class action...
We mourn the passing of retired partner and friend Hobart A. McWhorter, Jr., who passed away on January 6, 2022, at the age of 90. A legendary lawyer and valued member of our firm, Hobart will be sorely missed. Read about his impact and legacy, and read his obituary.
Hobart McWhorter is a retired partner in Birmingham whose litigation practice covered a broad range of complex litigation in both state and federal courts, in and out of Alabama. He had represented both corporate and individual plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases including derivative and class action. His trial experience includes securities fraud, construction, environmental, products liability, personal injury, F.E.L.A., insurance defense and commercial litigation.
Hobart is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for over 20 consecutive years.
- Alabama, 1958
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1958, Student Legal Research Prize, 1957
- Yale University, , Dean Hudnut Memorial Award, 1953
Areas of Practice
- Complex Business Litigation
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.