Jonny is a banking and finance solicitor based in the Leeds office. He has a range of debt finance experience including leveraged and acquisition finance, general corporate finance and venture debt. He acts for banks, private equity funds and national and international corporates.
Recent transactions include:
- advising a US venture debt lender on a $20 million financing to an AI and analytics company involving English and US law aspects;
- advising a leading European investor and asset manager on a £17.75 million property backed loan in relation to a new waterfront development in one of the UK’s major cities;
- working closely with a leading Yorkshire based manufacturer of smokeless solid fuels in relation to a £52 million refinancing;
- working closely with a luxury boutique hotel and wedding venue operator which operates across Yorkshire and Lancashire in connection with a £26 million refinancing; and
- advising on a £7 million loan to a graphic design business involving a Jersey based employee ownership trust.
Jonny graduated with a first-class honours degree in Law from Lancaster University prior to undertaking his training contract at Allen & Overy in London where he was seconded to Paris for six months. Jonny qualified as a solicitor at Allen & Overy in September 2020 where he worked in the leveraged finance team advising on large multijurisdictional financings. Jonny joined the banking and finance team at Shoosmiths in October 2021 where he has helped strengthen the corporate and leveraged finance offering in Yorkshire.
Areas of Practice
- Banking and finance