Connecting You To the Flow of Latest News and Industry Information
Kate represents industry clients in environmental and commercial disputes in state and federal court and state administrative proceedings. She has significant experience defending utility companies in Clean Water Act and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act lawsuits.
Kate counsels clients in all phases of litigation, including trial preparation and appeals. She routinely advises on issues relating to fact and expert discovery.
Kate also participates in the firm’s pro bono initiative through the Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, representing clients in Medicaid and Social Security disability benefit appeals and redetermination hearings.
Kate is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina and all North Carolina state courts.
BA, Cornell University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2012
Areas of Practice
- Energy and Environmental Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Rule 45 Subpoena Practice in Expert Discovery: Some Pointers, American Bar Association
- Considerations When Using a Professor as an Expert Witness, American Bar Association
- Article III standing still proving to be a formidable defense to environmental citizen suits, Westlaw Today
- Five Tips for Conducting Background Research on Expert Witnesses, American Bar Association
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.