Matt represents clients in federal and state courts and before administrative tribunals in a range of commercial matters. He also provides pre-litigation dispute representation and preventative counseling in situations where a client desires creative or negotiated solutions to avoid a lawsuit.
His experience includes serving as outside litigation counsel for one of the nation’s largest freight brokers, regularly handling disputes involving double broker scams, cargo loss, covenants not to compete and employment matters. Matt also represents owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes, including defect, delay, mechanic’s lien and oil and gas claims. He has also litigated software development and trademark infringement matters.
Matt is licensed in Ohio and California and works out of the firm’s Columbus and San Diego offices. He has also worked with AthletesTouch, an organization of former college and professional athletes working in the business community.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Bowling Green State University (B.S., 1999)
Areas of Practice
- Construction Industry
- Transportation Industry
- Ohio Rising Star®
- Ohio Bar Association
- California Bar Association