Nicolai Ørsted is a partner in our Corporate Finance team, who focuses on M&A, capital market transactions (IPOs, take-over bids etc) as well as venture capital.
Nicolai’s clients include private equity and venture funds, investment banks, industrial businesses and listed companies, and he has been an advisor in more than 100 transactions.
Besides transactions, Nicolai also advises listed companies on disclosure requirements and corporate governance. Nicolai’s advice is underpinned by his strong legal expertise combined with his in-depth commercial and strategic knowledge.
Nicolai was the Managing Partner of Plesner from 2009 to 2014 and has previously been the Chairman of Plesner's Board of Directors.
- Tryg A/S - advisor to Tryg A/S in connection with the public offer together with Intact Financial Corporation for Royal and Sun Alliance
- Tryg A/S - advisor to Tryg A/S in connection with the rights issue to finance the takeover of Royal and Sun Alliance
- Nordea Life Holding AB - advisor to Nordea Life Holding AB in connection with the sale of Nordea Liv & Pension og Livsforsikringsselskab A/S
- QVARTZ - advisor to QVARTZ in connection with the company's merger with Bain & Company
- Topdanmark A/S - advisor to Sampo plc in connection with the submission of the mandatory tender offer to the shareholders of Topdanmark A/S
- Tryg A/S - advisor to the company in connection with the reorganization and separation of Royal and Sun Alliance's Nordic activities including sale of Codan Denmark
- Nordea - advisor til Nordea in connection with the sale of Ejendomsforvaltningsselskabet Nordea Ejendomme to DEAS
- AnaCap Financial Partners LLP - advisor to AnaCap Financial Partners LLP in connection with the company's acquisition of Sundhedsgruppen A/S
- Dong Energy A/S (now Ørsted A/S) - advisor to the Danish government in connection with the IPO of Dong Energy A/S on Nasdaq Copenhagen
- Newsec AB's - advisor to Newsec AB in connection with Newsec AB's acquisition of DATEA A/S
- Nuevolution A/S - advisor to the company in connection with its listing on First North Sweden
Danish Association for Corporate Law
Union International d’Avocats
1998 Admitted to the bar
1997 MBA, University of Oxford, School of Management Studies
1994 Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen
1992 London School of Economics and Political Science
Areas of Practice
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Law
Professional Activities and Experience
- 2021 2022 Legal 500
- 2018 2019 2020 2021 2021 2022 IFLR
- 2020 Legal 500
- 2019 Legal 500
- 2018 Legal 500
- 2017 Legal 500
- 2017 IFLR
- 2016 Legal 500
- 2015 Legal 500
"Nye regler om tilbudpligt og frivillige overtagelsestilbud" (New rules on mandatory offers and voluntary takeover bids), Revision & Regnskabsvæsen, April 2000
"Skattebesparelser ved aktiekøb i selskabsform" (Reductions in tax liability by purchase of shares as a company), Børsen, pp 16-17, 24 June 1998
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.