Romeo Aguilar Perez, CRHA, is a member of the Labour and Employment Law group.
As part of his practice, he advises employers in the public, parapublic and private sectors on all aspects of employment relations and human capital management. He specializes in employment litigation, grievance arbitration, labour relations, labour standards, human rights, administrative investigations, occupational health and safety as well as penal infractions prosecuted by the CNESST that are heard in the Court of Québec?s Criminal and Penal Division. His expert opinion is frequently sought in the management and processing of psychological and sexual harassment complaints in the workplace.
Me Aguilar Perez holds a Master?s degree in law on the right to privacy pertaining to the use of social media.Publications
- Co-author, Minimal! - Court of Appeal Reduces the Post-Employment Duty of Loyalty, Guy Lavoie and Romeo Aguilar Perez, November 18th, 2021
- ?Votre convention collective est-elle réellement équivalente ou plus avantageuse que la Loi sur les normes du travail en termes de congés rémunérés?? ? 2021
- Federally regulated employers, be prepared: new Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regulations due to take effect in a few months ? 2020
- How to mobilize a union during difficult economic times ? 2020
- Will all your employees be needed when businesses reopen?If not, the legal framework for collective dismissals should be considered ? 2020
- Revamp of the Canada Labour Code: Overview of the Principal Amendments to Part III ? 2019
- Collaboration between the CNESST and the CDPDJ regarding discriminatory harassment: what every employer needs to know ? 2019
- Modifications to the Canada Labour Code: overview of the amendments on harassment and violence in the workplace ? 2019
- Co-author, ?Contrer le harcèlement : une affaire d?équipe avec en son centre le gestionnaire de proximité,? Revue RH ? Hors-série 2018, Ordre des CRHA
- Co-author, ?Tout ce qu?il faut savoir sur les renseignements personnels en matière d?emploi ? Volet I : Processus d?embauche de l?employeur,? in Développements récents sur les 20 ans de la Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels dans le secteur privé, Cowansville, Éditions Yvon Blais
- Co-author, ?La médecine à l?ère des médias sociaux,? Santé Inc.
- LL.M., McGill University, 2015
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
Areas of Practice
- Labour and Employment