Connecting You To the Flow of Latest News and Industry Information
Soichi is an associate in the energy and infrastructure team. Having worked for a major Japanese trading house as an in-house lawyer where he mainly supported its energy business team, he is business-focused and has experience advising on a variety of transactions in the energy sector including projects, M&As and LNG sales.
- Representing a developer in connection with the capital raise and development of a green hydrogen and ammonia production facility in Tunisia designed for the export to European markets through existing and planned infrastructure, including negotiating the Shareholders Agreement and Joint Development Agreement.
- Representing a company based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with a hydro-power project in Saudi Arabia.
- Representing a State Authority in the MENA region on the development and financing of a nuclear project.
- Representing a project company based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with its development and financing of one of the largest petrochemical facilities in the world.
- Representing a Japanese nuclear company for its variety of international activities.
The following represents experience prior to joining the firm:
- Advised on the development of a LNG terminal project in Matabari, Bangladesh.
- Advised on a private bid M&A transaction for acquiring shares of a local gas company in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advised on a number of master sales and purchase agreements for LNG sales transactions in the Asia Pacific region.
- Advised on a gas industrial park project involving one of the biggest Japanese energy utility companies in Dong Nai, Vietnam.
- Advised on the development of an asset purchase transaction of a gathering pipeline system in Ohio, United States.
- Advised on a dispute relating to decommissioning costs arising out of a natural gas field in Louisiana, United States.
- Advised on a litigation matter over an explosion involving a chemical plant in Houston, United States.
LLB, Sophia University, 2011
Areas of Practice
- Asia Pacific
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Energy M&A
- Oil, Gas and LNG
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.