Stephen Sullivan brings extensive intellectual property law experience and deep technological knowledge to aid clients in building patent portfolios that support their overall business goals. He represents clients with diverse technologies, including semiconductor devices and processing, software anti-piracy, communication, speech and handwriting recognition, image and video processing, and bioinformatics, among others. Stephen has a wide variety of intellectual property experience and offers services for opinion letters, patent licenses, and strategic patent counseling.
- California State Courts
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Juris Doctor degree (1992)
- Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science degree, Computer Information Science (1986)
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Created global IP strategy in alignment with a start-up’s business goals, resulting in a patent portfolio that generated millions of dollars in licensing revenue and withstood repeated invalidity challenges.
- Developed a patent portfolio for a start-up related to a wearable device that Google purchased, and another portfolio that Samsung licensed.
- Advised business executives and the boards of various clients and determined strategic areas for patenting as well as identified patentable subject matter.
- Prepared a large e-commerce client for potential litigation by generating a portfolio of non-infringement opinions.
- A named inventor on:
- Method and System for Hosting an Internet Web Site on a Digital Camera, US 6,567,122, issued May 20, 2003.
- Method and System for Automatically Configuring a Hand-Held Camera Using Wireless Communication to Improve Image Quality, US 6,970,189, issued November 29, 2005.
- Multipurpose Navigation Keys for an Electronic Imaging Device, US 7,222,307, issued May 22, 2007.
- Ruling Dismisses Antitrust Claims Against AMTSO
- Fresh From the Bench: Precedential Patent Cases From the Federal Circuit
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.