For the aviation industry, the Ministry of Transport has adopted the following measures:
- • To expedite the return of balances in favor of airlines that have been claimed before the tax authority.
- • To lay off, at the maximum level permitted by law, the air traffic controllers, firefighters, and aviation technical staff.
- • Airlines are allowed to compensate and refund passengers with miles, bonus, air tickets, or any other type of service of the airline. This will be applied during the sanitary emergency and one year after its finalization.
- • Provisionally, the Colombian Civil Aviation Authority can (1) amend the requirement for airlines to set up guarantees for the compliance of its regulatory obligations; and (2) negotiate 6-month payment agreements with airlines that are under a default scenario of its regulatory obligations.
- • To temporarily suspend the collection of new charges related to airport infrastructure, the collection of fees for the lease of commercial spaces located within airports operated and managed by the Colombian Civil Aviation Authority.
- • To temporarily suspend the environmental time-restrictions for the operation airports in Colombia.
Link to article
MEMBER COMMENTSWSG Member:
Please login to add your comment.