COVID-19: New Limitations and Digital Pass System in Moscow and Moscow Region
In accordance with Decrees of the Moscow Mayor No. 42-UM dated April 10th, 2020 and No. 43-UM dated April 11th, 2020, visiting of most organizations is temporarily suspended and pass control is introduced, within the territory of Moscow.
From April 13th to April 19th, 2020, in Moscow and Moscow Region, visiting of several territories and organizations is suspended. The full list of such territories/organizations is stated in the Appendix to the Decree of the Mayor No. 42-UM and the Appendix to the Resolution of the Governor No. 176-PG, respectively.
An exception is stipulated only for persons who:
- provide protection and maintenance of facilities;
- support continuous processes, in accordance with technological features;
- provide calculation and payment of salaries.
In Moscow and Moscow Region, the activity is suspended in the following areas:
- automotive industry;
- provision of food and drinks (except for takeaway services and delivery);
- operations involving real estate;
- professional, scientific and technical activities;
- law and accounting, management consulting;
- architecture and engineering design;
- advertising and market research;
- rental and leasing, including car rental (car-sharing services, taxi services);
- employment, staff recruitment;
- sports, recreation and entertainment;
- provision of personal services;
- production of clothing and furniture;
- manufacture of finished products, etc.
The restrictions do not apply to:
- organizations providing:
- goods, works and services for medical use, personal protective equipment, disinfectants;
- food essentials;
- construction (repair) of medical facilities, metro and railway facilities.
- organizations providing passenger transportation services, and having permission to carry out these activities within the territory of Moscow and/or Moscow Region.
Subject to the coordination of the work regime with the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation and the Moscow Government, exceptions also include:
- organizations of the defense sector, aircraft industry;
- subsidiaries of Roskosmos and Rosatom corporations;
- organizations performing the state defense order;
- IT organizations ensuring activities of the abovementioned organizations.
Organizations, that continue working, shall minimize the presence of persons ensuring the implementation of relevant activities, in accordance with technological features.
Also, in accordance with the Decree of the Mayor No. 43-YM and the Decree of the Governor No. 177-PG, from April 15th, 2020, a digital pass system for movement by personal and public transport in Moscow and Moscow Region will start to operate. Citizens may apply for a pass starting on April 13th, 2020. From April 15th, movement by personal and public transport is possible only with a digital pass, or official identification card (e.g., a military identification card, a personal security card, etc.).
Digital passes can be either for one day (e.g., for visiting medical organizations), or without restrictions, on the number of rides, for performing employment duties, or providing services (performing works) under civil law contracts.
Employers must consider that:
- for movement, using any type of transport, employees shall obtain digital passes;
- an employee may obtain the pass in Moscow by applying to ru, by calling the help desk+7 (495) 777-77-77, or by sending a message to 7377; in the Moscow Region - by applying on the website uslugi.mosreg.ru, by calling the help desk 8-800-550-50-30, or by sending a message to 0250;
- employees’ passes are valid until April 30th, 2020, with no restrictions on the number of rides and the route of movement.
The digital pass issued in Moscow is also valid in Moscow Region. Accordingly, the pass issued in Moscow Region may be used for travelling on routes involving a visit to Moscow.
For up-to-date legislative news and business-related guidance in connection with COVID-19, please visit our dedicated webpage: COVID-19: What you need to know
We hope that the information provided herein will be useful for you. If any of your colleagues would also like to receive our newsletters, please send them the link to complete a Subscription Form. If you would like to learn more about our Labour and Employment Practice, please let us know in reply to this email. We will be glad to provide you with our materials.