Shearn Delamore & Co. Legal Update July 2020 (Tax and Revenue)
Tax and Revenue
The following technical guidelines have recently been published on the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia’s official website:
- Garis Panduan Mengenai Duti Setem ke atas Suratcara Pindah Milik Saham bagi Saham dalam Syarikat yang Tidak Tersenarai di Bursa Malaysia Berhad (available in Malay language only) — issued on 23 June 2020 to replace Technical Guideline dated 6 November 2019;Garis Panduan Permohonan untuk Kelulusan Ketua
- Pengarah Hasil Dalam Negeri Di Bawah Subseksyen 44(6) Akta Cukai Pendapatan 1967 Bagi Tabung Kebajikan dan Pendidikan (available in Malay language only) — issued on 15 July 2020; andGaris Panduan
- Permohonan untuk Kelulusan Ketua Pengarah Hasil Dalam Negeri Di Bawah Subseksyen 44(6) Akta Cukai Pendapatan 1967 Bagi Tabung Pengurusan Rumah Ibadat (available in Malay language only) — issued on 15 July 2020.
The Sales Tax (Amendment) Regulations 2020 have been gazetted on 30 June 2020 and have come into operation on 1 July 2020.
The following guides have recently been published on the Royal Malaysian Customs Department’s MySST website:
- Industry Guide on Transmission and Distribution of Electricity Services (as at 1 July 2020);
- Industry Guide on Information Technology Services (as at 13 July 2020); andSpecific Guide on Refund on the Acquisition of Services by Foreign Missions and International Organizations (as at 13 July 2020).
For further information regarding tax and revenue law matters, please contact our Tax and Revenue Practice Group.