Law No. 20,940 That Modernizes Labor Relations
On September 8th, 2016, Law No. 20,940 was published. The law is aimed at the “Modernization of Labor Relations” (hereinafter the “Labor Reform” or the “Law”). The aim of the Labor Reform is to develop labor relations that are more modern, fair and balanced between the parties, and promote dialogue and agreement. In general terms, to meet these objectives the Law increases the bargaining power of unions and introduces important amendments in collective bargaining regulations to improve the employees’ position vis a vis the employer.
Among the many amendments introduced by the 90 page Law we would like to highlight the following:
Link to article
- Greater Reforms for Promoting Work-Life Balance
- New Decision from the Court of Appeal Regarding the Possibility to Deprive Employees of their Duties within the Period of Notice
- Cincinnati Is Latest City to Outlaw Hair Discrimination
- Employment: Trends & Developments
- COP 25: The U.N. Climate Change Conference was Officially Launched
- Carey’s August Highlights
- Lorena Pavic joins Carey’s Executive Committee
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.