Uganda Insurance Regulatory Authority clarifies new bancassurance guidelines
Following the publication of the Insurance (Bancassurance) Regulations, 2017, the IRA published guidelines on the licensing of financial institutions as bancassurance agents. These set out the forms and procedures for the licensing application, application fees, obtaining regulatory approval from the Central Bank, professional indemnity and other requirements. Among the requirements was for a financial institution to have an agency agreement with a minimum of three non-life and two life insurers.
- Consultation on a Proposed Model to Extend Unfair Contract Terms (UCT) Protections to Insurance Contracts - Australia
- Increased Risk: The Importance of Questions to Policyholders
- Haynes and Boones Insurance Recovery Group Expands to East Coast
- Cyber Insurance for Financial Institutions
- ENSafrica appoints new banking and finance director
- ENSafrica launches ENSafrica intelligENS
- ENSafrica newsflash
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.