By means of Resolution 666 of 2020 the Ministry of Health and Social Protection adopts the general biosecurity protocol to mitigate, control and perform the adequate management of Covid-19 pandemic.
Adopt the general biosecurity protocol applicable to all economic and social activities and sectors of the public administration.
The biosecurity protocols are orientated to minimize factors that may generate transmission of COVID-19 and are of mandatory compliance.
These protocols must be mandatorily implemented by:
- Public and private employers
- Public and private employees
- Cooperator of cooperatives and pre-cooperatives of associated work
- Participant affiliates
- Public and private contractors
- Contractors engaged by means of services agreements of different economic and productive sectors and governmental entities requiring the development of their activities during the health emergency
- Occupational Risks Insurance Companies
For the application of biosecurity protocols, each sector, company or entity must perform, with the support of its Occupational Risk Insurance Company, the necessary adjustments that correspond to its activity, defining the different strategies that guarantee a social distancing and adequate processes of hygiene and protection at work.
3.1. Of the employer or contracting party
- Adopt, adapt and implement the regulations contained in the Resolution
- Train its employees and contractors engaged by means of services agreements or those for the execution of a specific task about the measures indicated in the biosecurity protocol.
- Implement the actions that allow to guarantee the continuity of the activities and the integral protection of employees, contractors engaged by means of services agreements or those for the execution of a specific task, and other individuals present in the facilities or work places.
- Adopt administrative control measures for reducing exposure, such as flexible shifts and working schedules, as well as to encourage remote work or work from home.
- Report to the Health Promotion Entities (“EPS” for its acronym in Spanish) and to the Occupational Risk Insurance Companies the suspicious and confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Incorporate in the official communication channels and attention centers the information related to prevention, propagation and attention of COVID-19, with the purpose of communicating it to employees, contractors engaged by means of services agreements or those for the execution of a specific task, and community in general.
- Receive support from the Occupational Risks Insurance Company regarding identification and risk assessment and along with the EPS in relation with the promotion of health activities and prevention of illness.
- Request assistance and technical assessment from the Occupational Risks Insurance Company to verify the measures and measures adopted to their different activities.
- Provide employees personal protection elements (“EPP” for its acronym in Spanish) that must be used for compliance of the employment-related activities performed in favor of the employer.
- Promote before its employees and contractors who have smartphones, the use of CoronApp application to register their health situation in it.
3.2. Of the employee, contractor engaged by means of services agreements or those for the execution of a specific task, cooperator or participant affiliate
- Comply with the biosecurity protocols adopted and adapted by the employer or contracting party during the term in which he or she remains in the facilities of the company or in the working place and in the execution of the designated duties.
- Report to the employer or contracting party any case of infection that is present in the working place or in his or her family, so that the corresponding measures are adopted.
- Adopt the measures related to the care of his or her health and report to the employer or contracting party the alternations to his or her health situation, specially related with symptoms of respiratory disease and report in CoronApp.
Attached to this Resolution, there is a technical annex with the biosecurity protocol for the transmission prevention of COVID-19.