Updated on June 1, 2020
National Immigration Authority:
- Residence Permitsare valid until June 7, 2020. This measure is in place since March 13.
- The suspension of administrative processesanduser service will belifted from June 8.
- In-person user service will be restored gradually and progressively:
- Between June 8 and June 12, only attorneys will be allowed to visit, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- As of June 15, thegeneral public will be allowed into the premises, up to 25% of thelocation’s capacity.
- An extension of up to three (3) months is granted to persons whose temporary residence permits,migratory regularization and tourist visas,have expired between March 13 andJune 7, in order to file applications without incurring fines or surcharges.
- The validity of previously issued documents already tha thave expired between March 13 and June 7, is extended for a period of up to three (3) additional months, except for bank reference letters and good health certificates.
Ministry of Labor – Labor Immigration:
- The validity of work permits for foreign workers is extended until June 15. This extension is in force since March 12.
- Any procedure related to work permits, as well asjudicialproceduraltermsremain suspended until June 15.
Morgan & Morgan will be coordinating all the necessary measures with our clientsso that,from June 8, 2020 immigration procedures before the National Immigration Authoritycan resumeand work permits before the Ministry of Laborcan resumefrom June 16, 2020, if there are no additional extensions regarding procedural terms andin-person user service.