ENSafrica’s IP team recognised for trade mark and IP excellence
We are pleased to inform you that ENSafrica’s IP team has received remarkable rankings in World Trademark Review’s prestigiousWTR 1000, which through extensive research and client testimony, aims to spotlight firms and individuals that are deemed outstanding in this critical area of practice.
ENSafrica’s IP head of department,Gaelyn Scott, was recognised in the enforcement and litigation category; whileIlse du Plessis,Rowan ForsterandWaldo Steynwere recognised for prosecution and strategy. Waldo Steyn was also listed in the transactions category alongsideAndré Maré.
A few examples of what was said of the team are:
- With new people, new clients and new mandates, ENSafrica is taking the South African IP market by storm.
- The innovative troupe is “competent, efficient and capable with fair and transparent fees and very easy to work with. Exceptionally efficient in dealing with vast and geographically diverse portfolios; ENSafrica is a five-star firm”.
- Handling clients not at arm’s length,[Gaelyn] Scottcombines an impressive technical knowledge of IP law with a practical approach that takes vital business considerations into account, resulting in top-quality and effective legal advice. There is no doubt that Scott is one of the best IP lawyers in the country.
- [Ilse] du Plessisis “a meticulous practitioner who is thorough, dependable and well-versed in the law of various African countries”.
- Heading up the group’s commercial IP team,[Waldo] Steynis instrumental in lobbying for legislative change in the region …
- … Master tacticianRowan Forsteris the first port of call for top-notch prosecution services; he is considered “a highly reliable and effective adviser”.
- Landmark signingAndré Maréis a doyen of the pharmaceutical space and is sure to take the outfit’s transactional offering to the next level.
These rankings follow on the team’s inclusion in the recently released2020 Chambers Global Guide, in which the team was lauded for being an “established player in the sector, valued for its long-standing expertise in handling a range of IP concerns for an enviable portfolio of domestic and international companies”, withGaelyn Scottonce again receiving a Band 1 ranking.