DFDL Advises AirAsia on its Joint Venture in Cambodia
Congratulations to AirAsia Aviation Group Limited (AAAGL) on its entry into a joint venture in Cambodia with local partner, Sivilai Asia.
AAAGL will control 51% of ‘AirAsia Cambodia’ with its partner holding the remaining 49%. Subject to obtaining the relevant regulatory approvals, the joint venture company is expected to commence operations in late 2023.
This milestone transaction for the Cambodian aviation industry supports the resumption of AirAsia’s expansion plans in South-East Asia, according to Tony Fernandes, Capital A Berhad’s chief executive officer. The new airline will further cement AirAsia’s brand in Cambodia, providing AirAsia with greater access to its domestic market and connecting it to the international markets across Asean, North Asia and beyond.
The post DFDL Advises AirAsia on its Joint Venture in Cambodia appeared first on DFDL.