German Zakharov - New ALRUD Partner
Leading Russian law firm ALRUD announces that on 1 March, 2017 German Zakharov became a partner. German is a member at “Competition/Antitrust” and “White collar crime, compliance and internal investigations” practices.
German is a recommended expert in the antitrust regulation area, and supports clients on a wide range of antitrust issues: coordination of merger control transactions with Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation (FAS Russia), cartel investigations, advising on distributorship agreements, and analyzing compliance of commercial agreements with antitrust requirements. German represents companies during dawn raids performed by FAS Russia and its territorial subdivisions, and also represents clients before the court.
As a member of the “White collar crime, compliance and internal investigations” practice German renders legal support to companies regarding compliance with applicable criminal and antitrust legislation, and assists in drafing and implementing internal policies and compliance procedures.
German works with international and Russian companies from different industries, including healthcare, energy and natural resources, media and communication, information technologies, FMCG and retail.German’s recent projects include representing:
- - Shire plc in FAS Russia with regard to acquisition of 100% of shares of Baxalta GmbH.
- - Diebold Inc in FAS Russia in obtaining clearance for acquiring control over Wincor-Nixdorf AG.
- - Dell regarding merger control clearance in Russia of the transaction on acquisition of EMC Corporation.
- - NYK Line and Maersk Line regarding the FAS Russia investigation on the market of international sea container shipping.
- - Vimpelcom in the investigation of the alleged collusive behavior on IPhone market.
- - A major retailer chain regarding investigation of FAS Russia of potential breach of antitrust rules and trade legislation.
- - A large international company on the applicability of US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in Russia and in conducting an internal investigation.
- - A large international patent holder on the issues of criminal liability for breach of patent terms and conditions.
German joined ALRUD in May 2010 as an attorney. Before joining ALRUD, German worked in the Central directorate of the Federal Antimonopoly Service, participating in examining applications and notifications, drafting changes to antitrust and industry legislation, examining cases of antitrust legislation breaches, and investigating activity of business entities in various industries.
German is a member of Competition experts association, member of FAS Russia Expert Council for supporting small and medium businesses, and the executive director and member of the Board of Association "Supporting competition in the CIS". He also is a Member of the American Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
German graduated with honors from the Law faculty of M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University, and completed “Economics in Competition Law” and “EU Competition Law” programs in King’s College London.